Sunday, October 24, 2010

SAD

Its been hard to think of something to write about lately.  Things are the same.  I have good days, I have bad days.  I have good and bad moments in every day.  This weekend was hard.  I took a trip back to August 10th and its like I'm there all over again.  Sometimes I block that day and the events of that day from my memory, maybe its a coping mechanism.  But when my mind lets me go back there again it just reminds me how fresh and deep my wound still is.  I've been working on a new scrapbooking project and I find myself spending most of the time just staring at her pictures.  She was so beautiful and perfect, down to her cute little nose and teeny finger and toes.  I wish I could somehow lift her out of those pictures and hold her in my arms again.  Sometimes my arms physically ache to hold her.  Its hard to picture what she would be like now, almost 12 weeks old.  She would probably be cooing and smiling...maybe sleeping all night!?!  She'd probably be content to sit in her bouncy chair and be entertained by her busy big brother and sister.  As much as I sit and wonder what she would be doing and who she would become, I know that I will never know until Heaven.  And then I wonder if she knows what it would be like to be here.  Does she know how much I love her, does she know what it would be like to be a part of our family.  I hope so.  I did a little journaling in my scrapbook and on one page I wrote, "Lord, I waited to hold Harper on my lap and tell her about you, but since I never got the chance, will you please hold her on your lap and tell her about me?" I miss you so much baby girl...I long for the day I will finally meet you.  I praise God that you are perfect and happy and whole.  I don't know if this pain will ever go away, you have changed me forever.  I am a better person because I had the privilege of being your mother and I love you with all of my heart.

3 comments:

  1. Loved our time together last night! No matter how old you are, you will always be my little girl. I walk beside you, holding your hand and your heart. You and your beautiful family are in my daily prayers.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I am here! Stay strong, keep scrapbooking, keep journaling! I worked on Austin's on Saturday and got 15 pages done. I look at Tyler's so often and with Justin turning 21 I looked through his and how sad he was when his little brother, best buddy died. It just made me cry all over again for myself and for Justin and what he had gone through at the age of 7. Hang in there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen~
    I know we have lost touch, but I ran across your blog from a post your mom made on facebook and couldn't help but read it. I am so sorry to hear of all of this! I wish there was something I could say that would take all of your pain away, but I know there is nothing I can say that will do that. Instead, I will be praying for you and that some of the hurt will be a little bit relieved. I know that the pain will never go away completely, but know I am praying for you! You hit it on the head when you said God doesn't always follow our plan and it is so hard to except His plan when it isn't our plan. Someday you will find out His plan and meet your sweet little Harper!
    Prayers and God's Blessings!
    Annie (McKee) Peight

    ReplyDelete